- Peribucal Eczema or Eczema due to the licking
- It is generally secondary to the habit of licking or of biting the lips, of dribbling or even of sucking the finger.
It is associated with allergy.
- Hydrating creams or with corticoids are indicated but only under medical supervision.
- It is frequent among schoolchildren; associated with excessive foot sweat and with rubbing.
- It generally affects the soles; the skin gets dry with desquamation and there can be fissures and overinfection.
- It is also associated with allergy, atopy and with the kind of shoes worn (leather shoes or trainers, synthetic ones, etc.)
- The treatment consists in avoiding occlusive and synthetic shoes, having the feet properly aired and hydrated, wearing cotton socks and changing them several times a day.
- Only the doctor shall indicate specific creams if they are needed