As from birth to 28 days of life.
- Family background of deafness
- Infection in intrauterine due to toxoplasmosis, rubeolla, cytomegalovirus, syphilis, etc.
- Malformation of the cranium and / or face.
- Birth weight inferior to 1500 grams.
- Bacterial meningitis.
- Low Apgar Score, 0-3 in 5 minutes / 0-6 in 10 minutes.
- Breathing difficulty (meconium aspiration)
- Prolonged mechanical ventilation, more than 10 days.
- Ototoxic medication (toxic to the ear, for instance gentamicin), more than 5 days or combined with some types of diuretics.
- Stigmas or characteristics associated with a syndrome that includes neurosensorial hypoacusis (Wardenburg Syndrome).
As from 29 days to 24 months of age.
- Parents’ worry about hearing, speaking, language and / or maturity delay.
- Any of the mentioned risk factors of the baby.
- Cranium traumatism with fracture of the temporal bone.
- Child infectious diseases associated with hypoacusis (measles, mumps, etc).
- Demyelinizing disease.
- Recurring or persistent otitis media.